According to Rightmove, The Keenor Estate Agent is consistently the No 1 Letting Agent in the central Devon area. We offer:
- A professional first class service to both Landlords and Tenants;
- A No Obligation Free Rental Appraisal;
- Full colour Rental Brochures offered to all enquiries;
- Extensive National Advertising not only from our own regularly updated website but on the TWO leading property portals rightmove.co.uk and zoopla.co.uk;
- Unrivalled Local Advertising from our prominent High Street Office in the centre of Chulmleigh which is fully manned during office hours;
- Our Knowledgable, Professional and Friendly Staff are happy to conduct all property viewings at all times, seven days of the week;
- Extensive Referencing carried out on all tenants including previous landlords, credit scores & affordability ratios;
- Bespoke Levels of Service to fit all Landlord Requirements from Full Management Services to Standard Tenant Finds;
- Regular Property Inspections with written Landlord Reports;
- All Property Maintenance carried out by approved local contractors, once consent received from landlord.
- With nearly 20 years experience in the Lettings Market we have a good local knowledge of our applicant base.
Legal Musts for Landlords
1) Gas Safety
Where there are Gas Appliances in the property provided by the Landlord, the landlord must ensure that annual gas safety inspections are carried out. These checks must be carried out by a gas fitter/engineer who is registered on the Gas Safety Register. A copy must be given to the tenant at the start of the tenancy and carried out every 12 months.
2) Fire Safety Order
When a Landlord controls flats, bedsits or hostels, there must be a risk assessment in place to comply with the Fire Safety Order. It should be in writing. A statutory risk assessment is not required for shared houses or single dwelling lets.
3) Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s)
Before a tenant moves in there must be an Energy Performance Certificate in place for most types of property. A copy of the certificate must be given to any tenant who moves into the property. If not you cannot serve a Section 21 Notice for a new tenancy in England after 1st October 2015.
When we take a deposit from a tenant under an assured shorthold tenancy, the deposit must be protected under one of the three tenancy deposit schemes available and the prescribed information regarding the deposit must be given to the tenant within 30 days of receiving the deposit.
5) Licensable HMO’s
If your property is a house in multiple occupation (e.g bedsits, shared house or a shared flat) then an HMO licence may well be needed from the local authority. Landlords should check with their local authority on what licensing requirements, if any they have to have. If they do not they may not be able to serve a Section 21 after 1st October 2015.
6) Electrical Inspections
It is recommended for Landlords to have a five yearly electrical safety check carried out by a competent electrician on their rented properties.
7) Electrical Appliances
Where a property is provided with electrical appliances it is the landlords responsibility to make sure that they are safe at the outset of letting and that they are all PAT tested by a competent electrican.
8) Carbon Monoxide and alarms in non-HMO’s
Landlords in England are required to provide smoke alarms on every floor of their property and a carbon monoxide alarm in every room with a solid fuel source.
9) Prescribed Information to Tenants in England
As of 1st October 2015, upon starting a tenancy landlords are now required to provide the most up to date copy of How to Rent Checklist. If they haven't they will not be able to serve a valid Section 21 notice in England.
10) Legionella assessment
Landlords are required to perform a risk assessment for Legionaire's Disease. If they don't do this they could be issued with a fine. However, the amount of risk assessment required depends on the type of property and landlords should be wary of claims that all properties need extensive water sampling tests.
11) Illegal eviction/harassment
You must not harass your tenants. It is unlawful to evict a tenant without a Court Order. You cannot throw a tenant out because he is in arrears with his rent or breaking the terms of his tenancy. You must go to Court to get a possession order. Any possession order obtained must be enforced by the Court Bailiff.
Fees & Levels of Service.
The Keenor Estate Agent Let Only Service
- Preparing Details & Advertising the property as appropriate.
- Accompanying all prospective tenants to view where necessary.
- Holding the keys to the property.
- Finding and introducing a suitable tenant.
- Negotiating an acceptable rent.
- Obtaining financial, personal and professional references on the tenant.
- Preparing the Tenancy Agreement.
- Preparing and providing an inventory. Arranging to have the inventory checked and signed by the tenant and the keys handed over at the commencement of the tenancy.
- Advising utility companies and the local authority of the change of occupant.
- Preparing a statement of account less deductions. Paying the rent to the landlord as instructed.
- Ascertaining from the landlord and the tenant whether or not the lease is to be extended and issuing any appropriate notices.
Fees for Lettings Service - £375.00 plus £40 deposit protection fee plus £35 Inventory Fee and plus VAT.
The Keenor Estate Agent Management Service
As Managing Agents we offer the services listed above together with the following services:-
- Collecting the rents monthly/weekly.
- Holding the deposit.
- Inspecting the property at regular intervals during the course of the tenancy.
- Arranging and supervising any cleaning, minor repairs or replacements deemed necessary and apportioning the charge as appropriate between the landlord and the tenant.
- Notifying the landlord of any serious defect or structural problem.
Fees for Management Service – 10% of the monthly rental plus, in the first month, the £40 deposit protection fee plus £35 Inventory Fee and plus VAT.
If neither of these levels of service suit you then please do not hesitate to give us a call and we will be happy to discuss a bespoke service to suit your requirements.