Here at The Keenor Estate Agent, we work hard to sell your home for the best possible price in the shortest possible time for competitive fees.
- A professional first class service to Vendors and Purchasers alike;
- A No Obligation Free Valuation of your home;
- Full colour Sales Brochures with Floorplans and Energy Performance Certificates;
- Extensive National Advertising not only from our own regularly updated website but on all the leading property portals including rightmove.co.uk, zoopla.co.uk, primelocation.co.uk and nethouseprice.com;
- Unrivalled Local Advertising from our prominent High Street Office in the centre of Chulmleigh which is fully manned during office hours.
- Our Knowledgable, Professional and Friendly Staff are happy to conduct all property viewings at all times, seven days of the week.
- Regular Feedback from both viewings and sales progression;
- Unrivalled local knowledge of the area ensuring purchasers are matched to the appropriate properties and get the most out of their viewings;
- Skilled sales negotiators who see the deal through from offer acceptance to sale completion.
Before putting your house onto the open market, take a look at some of our top tips for preparing the property for sale.
- The Price Is Right – Price is a crucial factor when selling your house and it is common for vendors to worry about under selling their most valuable asset however pitching the price slightly below market value will encourage multiple viewers and multiple bids – even in the worst of markets – and they will usually bid up the price over what it is worth. It takes real courage and most sellers just don’t want to risk it but it still remains as the single best strategy to sell a home in today’s market.
- Lights, Camera, Action – Good natural light is a high priority on any buyers list so before marketing get rid of all those dark & dingy wall colours, redecorating in light bright hues to enhance your properties natural light. Ensure all curtains and blinds are clean and pulled back off the windows, make sure all the windows are clean and that all the foliage is cut back so that as much natural light can shine in as possible. You may also want to consider increasing the wattage of your light bulbs and changing the lampshades to ensure that your house is bright and cheery. On viewing days (especially if they are damp dreary ones) leave the lights on and keep the curtains open….first impressions are everything.
- Owning Less is Better than Organising More – We all collect things over time but moving house gives you the chance to be ruthless and clear out all that clutter! Remember if you don’t love it or use it, its clutter. Buyers can get distracted by overloaded book cases, oversized furniture and crowded closets leading to negative feedback so use social media selling sites, car boot sales and the free ads to get rid of all those unwanted items. If you are unable to sell it then many charity’s and recycle centre will come and collect clean and serviceable items of furniture free of charge.
- If You Can Smell it, You Can’t Sell it – No one is suggesting that we re-home our beloved pets in order to achieve a sale but just because we adore our cats and dogs it doesn’t mean that buyers want to walk into our home and see a bowl full of dog food, smell the over spilling cat litter tray or have tufts of pet hair stuck to their clothes. It will give buyers the impression that your house is not clean so make sure pet beds are freshly laundered, clear away all pet non essentials, and if possible, get a friend to take the dog for a walk during the viewing.
- The Smell of Selling Success – As important as it is to get rid of bad smells (get rid not conceal!) conversely, good smells can make a property feel like an alluring home. It would be completely impractical to bake fresh bread or brew some fresh coffee for every viewer that visits your home, however you could perhaps lay out some lightly scented pot pourri or burn some scented candles to create that perfect ambience.
- Fix & Clean- Make all the minor repairs you can to improve the look of your home, for example, tidy up loose tile grout, renew the dirty sealant around the bath, fix door catches, replace cracked glass and throw down some colourful rugs to brighten up stained carpets – all things which are not expensive but can create a good first impression. Also, CLEAN everything from windows to wooden gardens sheds but most importantly Kitchens and Bathrooms. Make sure all the work surfaces are clean and clutter free and that cooker tops and ovens are gleaming. This will make the place more appealing and allow prospective purchasers to imagine living there.
- Light a Fire- If it’s a cold evening, or even chilly day, light your fire - this will make your home feel warm and inviting. If you don’t light the fire then ensure the fireplace is clean and tidy.
- When in doubt…….add Flowers! - Finally..... Plants and flowers bring colour, life and light to a room and also smell wonderful so why not add some to your home and make it bloom!
Remember these are just tips and do not have to be strictly adhered to but the more effort you make the more likely you are to achieve an optimum selling price.